Re: [patch - v3] epoll ready set loops diet ...

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 14:10:04 EST

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 19:37, Davide Libenzi wrote:

> + list_del(&epi->rdllink);
> + if (!(epi->event.events & EPOLLET) && (revents & epi->event.events))
> + list_add_tail(&epi->rdllink, &injlist);
> + else {

Is the ( ... & epi->event.events) really necessary ? (It seems already done)

I was wrong about the size of epitem : it is now 68 bytes instead of 72.
At least we now use/dirty one cache line instead of two per epitem.

Do you have another brilliant idea to shrink 4 more bytes ? :)

It seems to me 'nwait' is only used at init time (so that
ep_ptable_queue_proc() can signal an error occured).

Maybe another mechanism could let us delete nwait from epitem ?

We could use a field in task_struct for example (see usage of total_link_count
for example)

Thank you