Re: Problem with freezable workqueues

From: Gautham R Shenoy
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 13:18:49 EST

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 08:37:26AM +0530, Srivatsa Vaddagiri wrote:

> Hmm ..good point. So can we assume that disable/enable_nonboot_cpus() are called
> with processes frozen already?
>
> Gautham, you need to take this into account in your patchset!

Yup. That would mean making the freezer reentrant since we will
be freezing twice (once for suspend and later on for hotplug). This is
ok since the api in my patches looks like
freeze_processes(int freeze_event);

But thaw will be interesting. If we are thawing for hotplug, we gotta
only thaw processes which were frozen *only* for hotplug.

Rafael, does that mean more status flags?!

Thanks and Regards
gautham.

--
Gautham R Shenoy