Re: lanana: Add major/minor entries for PPC QE UART devices

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 10:13:45 EST

Kumar Gala wrote:

On Feb 28, 2007, at 8:51 AM, Mathiasen, Torben wrote:

Mathiasen, Torben wrote:

Assuming QE has 4 entries, I would expect CPM to be the same. But we
need verification of that. If it needs 6, we are in more trouble.

The QE can have up to 8, actually, but I'm willing to limit the driver
to 4.

Its your choice if you want to limit it to 4 or have it moved into a
different minor range. I can live with both.

I'd rather we support 8 now.

It sounds like the QE driver should be moved to a separate minor range, and given 8 minors.

-hpa