Re: lanana: Add major/minor entries for PPC QE UART devices

From: Segher Boessenkool
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 09:54:59 EST

46 = /dev/ttyCPM0 PPC CPM (SCC or SMC) - port 0
- 47 = /dev/ttyCPM5 PPC CPM (SCC or SMC) - port 5
+ 49 = /dev/ttyCPM5 PPC CPM (SCC or SMC) - port 5
If CPM0 is 46, then CPM5 is not 47, but not 49 either.
Unless it's not CPM5 but CPM3?

Honestly, I don't know. I was just correcting the obvious typo (47 instead of 49).

It's obvious it shouldn't be 47, but it's not obvious it
should be 49 instead.

I'll try to get an answer from someone, but I'm no CPM expert.

Adding linuxppc-embedded to the CC:, someone there surely knows.

Segher