Re: lanana: Add major/minor entries for PPC QE UART devices

From: Kumar Gala
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 09:34:05 EST

On Feb 28, 2007, at 7:14 AM, Mathiasen, Torben wrote:

Mathiasen, Torben wrote:

Got around looking at this one. I'm fine with this approach, but the
CPM5 fix looks wrong. Shouldn't it be:

49 = /dev/ttyCPM3 PPC CPM (SCC or SMC) - port 3

instead?

Well, how many CPM devices can exist? If there are really 6 ports
possible, they need minors up to 51.

Also, if QE really is just CPM v3, and they share the same minors, why
change the name?

Assuming QE has 4 entries, I would expect CPM to be the same. But we
need verification of that. If it needs 6, we are in more trouble.

I think it really is 6 for the current CPM, and I don't see why we its not 8 for QE, Timur?

- k