Re: [patch 0/9] 2.6.19-stable review

From: Michael Krufky
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 15:28:43 EST

Greg KH wrote:
> This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 2.6.19.6 release.
>
> This will probably be the last release of the 2.6.19-stable series, so
> if there are patches that you feel should be applied to that tree,
> please let me know.
>
> There are 9 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response to
> this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please let
> us know. If anyone is a maintainer of the proper subsystem, and wants
> to add a Signed-off-by: line to the patch, please respond with it.
>
> These patches are sent out with a number of different people on the Cc:
> line. If you wish to be a reviewer, please email stable@xxxxxxxxxx to
> add your name to the list. If you want to be off the reviewer list,
> also email us.

> received after that time might be too late.
>
> The whole patch set can be downloaded at:
> kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/patch-2.6.19.6-rc1.gz
>
> thanks,
>
> the -stable release team

Greg,

I still have three DVB patches that need to go to 2.6.19.y, the dvbdev patch
being most important. I sent this dvbdev patch to you during the 2.6.19.5
review period and expected it to surface this time around, but maybe our email
paths have crossed.

Since I am unable to send patches inline from my current location, I've posted
the three pending patches for 2.6.19.y here:

http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/stable/2.6.19.y/

Please add these if possible. Again, the
"dvbdev-fix-illegal-re-usage-of-fileoperations-struct" patch is the most
important one of these.

---

For 2.6.20.y, I have seven patches waiting for the v4l-dvb subsystem trees. I
have posted these patches here:

http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/stable/2.6.20.y/

If you can queue these up for the next 2.6.20.y release, that would be great.
Otherwise, if I don't see them added to the queue, I will send them inline to
you the next time I am at my own machine (a few days from now).

Regards,

Michael Krufky