Re: Boot time Bluetooth BUG: warning: (value > m) at hid-core.c:793

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 10:55:06 EST

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> we understand the original CSR HID proxy dongles, but for the Logitech
> ones, it is wild guesses. The current support in hid2hci has been tested
> on Logitech diNovo first generation and I have no other Logitech
> hardware to verify it with. We might simply need the full HID report
> descriptor to see who is at fault.

As far as I can see from a quick look, the device IDs are unchanged
(0x046d/0xc70e for the keyboard), but the report descriptor seems to
differ from the one you have at
http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/logitech.html - that seems pretty
sad.

What puzzles me a bit is a fact that both the bugreporters seem to state
pretty clearly that this started happening after some update, am I right?

Or did the hardware before work all the time in the HID mode, without even
being attempted to switch to HCI (which seems to cause the bug)?

--
Jiri Kosina