Re: freezer problems

From: Gautham R Shenoy
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 23:11:10 EST

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 06:03:37PM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> Why don't we just drop the warning? try_to_freeze_tasks() should give us a
> warning if there's anything wrong anyway.

The patches look good. I will add my hotplug changes on the top of
these.

And yeah, removing the warnings from thaw_processes
sounds like a good thing to me. I was constantly getting warnings like
"Strange, but ksoftirqd/1 was not frozen" when ksoftirqd was created in
the CPU_UP path from the frozen context!
I was wondering if freezing the processes created from the
frozen context is a good thing to silence these warnings, but I guess that
would open up some new races.

> Greetings,
> Rafael

regards