Re: [Cbe-oss-dev] [RFC, PATCH] CELL Oprofile SPU profiling updatedpatch

From: Michael Ellerman
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 20:32:21 EST

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 00:50 +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Thursday 22 February 2007, Carl Love wrote:
> > This patch updates the existing arch/powerpc/oprofile/op_model_cell.c
> > to add in the SPU profiling capabilities. In addition, a 'cell' subdirectory
> > was added to arch/powerpc/oprofile to hold Cell-specific SPU profiling
> > code.
>
> There was a significant amount of whitespace breakage in this patch,
> which I cleaned up. The patch below consists of the other things
> I changed as a further cleanup. Note that I changed the format
> of the context switch record, which I found too complicated, as
> I described on IRC last week.
>
> Arnd <><
>
> --
> Subject: cleanup spu oprofile code
>
> From: Arnd Bergmann <arnd.bergmann@xxxxxxxxxx>
> This cleans up some of the new oprofile code. It's mostly
> cosmetic changes, like way multi-line comments are formatted.
> The most significant change is a simplification of the
> context-switch record format.
>
> It does mean the oprofile report tool needs to be adapted,
> but I'm sure that it pays off in the end.

I hate to be a stickler, but this patch is quite large, contains
multiple changes, and mixes formatting changes with functional
changes ... makes it a little hard to review :/

cheers

--
Michael Ellerman
OzLabs, IBM Australia Development Lab

wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person