Re: [RFC] Use para_fill instead of vmi_get_function for APIC ops

From: Zachary Amsden
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 20:00:58 EST

Anthony Liguori wrote:

It would be really great if one could write a ROM by just specifying a GetRelocationInfo function that always returns rel.type == NONE. Right now, there are a half a dozen or so ops that have to be implemented b/c of the vmi_get_function stuff.

Yes, I need to clean this up. There are a couple other places where I took liberties and just did things that way because this was how our VMware ROM was implemented. Just be sure, if you are going to implement a ROM, it has to be GPL'd now, otherwise the VMI code won't accept it.

I assume this patch is signed-off-by you? If so, I'll add it to my patch queue.

Yeah, but please make sure to test it. I haven't at all.

It passes test level 1, which is good enough to make it into my patchset.

Zach