Re: Make sure we populate the initroot filesystem late enough

From: Kumar Gala
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 15:52:40 EST

On Feb 26, 2007, at 9:51 AM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

On Sun, 2007-02-25 at 20:17 -0500, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Sun, 2007-02-25 at 16:24 -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
Hmm. No, I don't think that should be a problem. free_initmem() only
happens at the very, after do_basic_setup() has been run, which
includes all the initcall stuff.

I'm inclined to agree that it _shouldn't_ be a problem. Nevertheless,
even this hack seems sufficient to 'fix' it:

Could be a powerpc specific bug in initrd handling... I'm still
traveling so I can't really look at it right now, but I wouldn't be
surprised if some of that code did indeed bitrot.

Ben.

Could there be some issue with initrd getting reserved properly via prom_init.c. I know we make sure there are memreserve's in the fdt for initrd on embedded ppc.

- k