x86_64 vdso patch status?

From: Jim Houston
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 13:44:29 EST

Hi Andi,

I tried playing with your vdso patch. I'm curious
what magic is needed to make an application link with
the vdso?

You also mentioned that there are problems with newer
tool chains. I think I'm seeing this problem when I
build on an FC6 system. The vdso.so ends up using
file offsets like 00100120 so it doesn't fit in a
single page. This seems to be sensitive to the
VDSO_PRELINK address. If I changes this address to
0xffffffffff800000 then the vdso.so looks correct.
Is this change safe? Is it enough to change the
VDSO_PRELINK define or are there other values which
need to be kept in sync?

Jim Houston - Concurrent Computer Corp.