Re: 2.6.21-rc1 dims my LCD

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 10:25:20 EST

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Richard Purdie wrote:

> Jiri: I've appended a patch that should already be queued, could you
> test and see if it solves the problem.

Thanks. In the meantime I have gone through the code and I can confirm
that this is the root cause of what I am observing.

Now regarding the patch - at the time when the dim happened previously,
currently there is a observable blink (after which the brightness is
correct). I have put some debugging printk() into fb_notifier_callback(),
and it turns out that on FB_EVENT_CONBLANK, there are two successive calls
to backlight_update_status(), second immediately following the first one:

Feb 26 15:11:14 thunder kernel: calling backlight_update_status() with bd->props.fb_blank == 1, bd->props.brightness == 0
Feb 26 15:11:14 thunder kernel: calling backlight_update_status() with bd->props.fb_blank == 0, bd->props.brightness == 0

Is this really a right thing to do?

--
Jiri Kosina