[PROBMEL] MD doesn't like /dev/disk/by-id

From: Patrick Ale
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 03:56:15 EST

Hi,

I posted this a while ago aswell :)

MD can't start anymore when /etc/mdadm.conf uses /dev/disk/by-id/* ,
it bluntly tells you there are no suiteable drives.

Since libata tends to mangle my drive order by every reboot since I
use 3 controllers and the drivers dont generate uevents always in the
same sequence the only thing left to use are UUIDs.

Now, this isnt a problem but is this the *only* way the mdadm devices
will startable now and is this the only way the MD module will
support?

And if yes, maybe this should be communicated somewhere, cause
something tells me I am not the only one who had this problem or will
have :)

Patrick