Re: [patch 00/13] Syslets, "Threadlets", generic AIO support, v3

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 03:25:04 EST

* Davide Libenzi <davidel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, the evtest_kevent_remove call is superfluous with epoll.

it's only used in the error path AFAICS.

but you are right about evserver_epoll/kevent.c incorrectly assuming
that things wont block in evtest_callback_client(), which, after
receiving the "there's stuff on the input socket" event does:

recvmsg(sock),
fd = open();
sendfile(sock, fd)
close(fd);

while evserver_threadlet.c, even this naive implementation, does not
assume that we wont block in that function.

> In any case, comparing epoll/kevent with 100K active sessions, against
> threadlets, is not exactly a fair/appropriate test for it.

fully agreed.

Ingo