Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] How to mmap a shadow framebuffer in virtualmemory

From: Bernardo Innocenti
Date: Mon Jan 15 2007 - 01:05:32 EST

Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> It's known to work for the PS3 frame buffer device driver, which copies the
> virtual frame buffer to the GPU on every vsync. Check out ps3fb_mmap() in
> http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux.git;a=blob_plain;f=drivers/video/ps3fb.c;hb=HEAD

I still couldn't solve my problem, but thanks for helping.

The way you map memory in ps3fb_mmap() is basically the same.
In my case, memory is allocated with __get_free_pages() instead
of being at an absolute physical address, but I can't see how
it could make any difference.

\X/ http://www.develer.com/