Re: licence for LGPLed files

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Sun Jan 14 2007 - 11:43:53 EST

On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 14:32 +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> >There are various files (in my copy of the Ubuntu 2.6.15 source) which
> >have an LGPL licence, but there isn't a copy of the licence in the
> >distribution as there should be. Changing them to GPL seems the best
> >thing to do.
>
> Changing them to GPL seems the hardest and most instrusive thing to do.

well technically they don't need to be changed at all because they ARE
gpl as long as they're part of the kernel effectively (LGPL has that
"conversion to GPL" clause) ; only when used outside they are actually
lgpl....

also most of the files in question are header files where LGPL actually
makes sense when those same headers are used in userspace...

so how about not changing anything since there is no need to change..