Re: - sys_mbind-use-cpuset-accessors-for-mems_allowed.patch removedfrom -mm tree

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 16:25:49 EST

Andrew, regarding a patch by Andy:
> + nodemask_t allowed_nodes;
>
> err = get_nodes(&nodes, nmask, maxnode);
> - nodes_and(nodes, nodes, current->mems_allowed);
> + allowed_nodes = cpuset_mems_allowed(current);

Not that it matters now, as we're messing with other variations,
but I notice that the above is (1) better looking than having an
#ifdef, (2) better than being broken in the NUMA yes, CPUSETS no,
config, but (3) burdens this code with another nodemask and
nodes_and() op, even in the case that CPUSETS are not configured.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability