Re: [Suspend-devel] asus p5ld2 se, serial port gone after suspend and i8042 problems (solved, pnpacpi=off needed)

From: emisca
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 06:12:17 EST

But using pnpacpi=no, I disable the acpi code.. the "normal" pnp code,
what does on suspend? Does it simply do nothing? In the dmesg I don't
see anything related to pnp device reinit.
I tried suspend to ram on this motherboard. A strange thing happens..
the system goes to suspend and then suddenly resumes. Why?
How I can check if it's enabled a wake up device? There are no related
settings on the bios, only wake on lan (disabled). I think I must
debug interrupts...

2007/1/11, Stefan Seyfried <seife@xxxxxxx>:
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 02:14:42PM +0100, emisca wrote:
> Yes, I have to look at pnpacpi code... but does the dsdt matters for this
> problem?
> Surely, it is a bios bug (as usually.....). I will look at pnpacpi code.

Not necessarily. IIRC, somebody (Rusty?) said that serial consoles have had
problems with suspend for a long time and just sometimes work "by accident".
ISTR that they do not really save and restore the line settings etc.

So it does not need to be the BIOS, it can also be a plain broken driver.

--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"