Re: compiling linux kernels with gcc 4.x

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 16:56:28 EST

Ram wrote:
Hi,
Im unable to compile linux 2.6.14 with gcc 4.x, but new versions of
kernel i can compile.
with gcc 4.x.

It gives errors - that seem to disappear when compiled with gcc - 3.4.x

I really dont understand why?.

There were changes to the kernel to get rid of 4.x problems, that at least tells you why.

Is there anyway we can compile lower versions of linux using gcc 4.x.

Im using a arm-linux-gcc.

I can't even give you a guess on that, other than patching your kernel with individual patches used to avoid compilation problems.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO TMR Associates, Inc