Re: ext3 file system went read-only in 2.6.18.2 (plus hacks)

From: Ben Greear
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 18:01:15 EST

Theodore Tso wrote:
Well, the filesystem obviously got corrupted. The only question is
*why* it got corrupted. It could be memory corruption, or a bug in
your propietary kernel patches, or some kind of hardware issue with
the CF device. There's really no way to say for sure.

Ok. I certainly can't guarantee my code is not somehow causing
the problem.

Were there any error messages in the system log from the device
driver?

I looked and did not see anything obvious. The file system
was not overly full (49MB free, not counting the reserved
space for the root user.)

I appreciate you looking at the report. If we see it again or
manage to find some way to reliably reproduce this on other
hardware, I will of course let you know.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>