Re: [KORG] Re: kernel.org lies about latest -mm kernel

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sun Jan 07 2007 - 18:58:20 EST

Randy Dunlap wrote:

Hi,

I'm sure that all of this ext3fs etc. discussion is good,
but let me clarify: I would be much happier if the kernel.org
main page and the finger_banner info were updated at the same
time that new tarballs were put onto kernel.org.

Tough sh*t.

Now someone may say that this is still the rsync/load problem,
but from a customer perspective, it's bad.

If we did that, we'd get thousands of "this link doesn't work".