Re: sonypi not for 64bit?

From: Stelian Pop
Date: Sun Jan 07 2007 - 06:10:22 EST

Le dimanche 07 janvier 2007 à 03:21 +0100, Jan Engelhardt a écrit :
> Hi sonypi (ex-)maintainers ;-)
>

> drivers/char/Kconfig lists SONYPI as being !64BIT, however, there seem
> to be sony users with x86_64 [1] around.

Indeed, I have had (private) reports about it working on x86_64 too.

> Is it just caution (it's also
> marked EXPERIMENTAL) or is it definitely known to break on 64bit?

Frankly I don't recall anymore. The 64 bit restriction wasn't there from
the beginning, it was added by a patch from someone 2 or 3 years ago.
git doesn't seem to have the history for that, maybe old bk does...

--
Stelian Pop <stelian@xxxxxxxxxx>