Re: [patch 2.6.20-rc3 1/3] rtc-cmos driver

From: Alessandro Zummo
Date: Fri Jan 05 2007 - 15:45:42 EST

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 10:01:57 -0800
David Brownell <david-b@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is an "RTC framework" driver for the "CMOS" RTCs which are standard
> on PCs and some other platforms. That's MC146818 compatible silicon.
> Advantages of this vs. drivers/char/rtc.c (use one _or_ the other, only
> one will be able to claim the RTC irq) include:

Hi David,

good code and well commented, thank you.

I only have some comments:

- I would put anything that is x86 related (pnp,acpi)
in a separate file so that people working on
non x86 systems can have a better grasp of the driver.

- the name should be rtc-mc146818 to be coherent with
the other drivers, but this can cause confusion.

- please put yourself in MODULE_AUTHOR

other than that, I'm fine with the code.

I'd appreciate if someone (Woody?) can test
this code on ARM.

--

Best regards,

Alessandro Zummo,