Re: S.M.A.R.T no longer available in 2.6.20-rc2-mm2 with libata

From: Ed Sweetman
Date: Thu Jan 04 2007 - 17:18:28 EST

Alistair John Strachan wrote:
On Thursday 04 January 2007 01:50, Ed Sweetman wrote:
Not sure what went on between 2.6.19-rc5-mm2 and 2.6.20-rc2-mm2 in
libata land but SMART is no longer available on my hdds. I'm assuming
this is not the intended behavior.

In case this is chipset specific, IDE interface: nVidia Corporation
CK804 Serial ATA Controller (rev f3)

I'm using Libata nvidia driver, the drives happen to be sata drives, but
even the pata ones no longer report having SMART.

What program are you trying to use here? As I reported around -rc1 time, hddtemp is broken by 2.6.20-rc but Jens posted a patch to fix it.

I must have missed that blurb. hddtemp is indeed the program I was looking at. And it does seem that it is the only one broken. Just re-installed the other smartctl tools and they do work. Thanks.