A Correct Design of a multi cpu/core rt application

From: Raz Ben-Jehuda(caro)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2007 - 15:56:22 EST

Hello

I am trying to implement a (soft) real time kthread on a dual cpu
machine. Basic design is very simple, the kthread binds
to cpu 1 sets itself to a high real time priority and never releases this
cpu. Whenever it needs to wait a little I use the assembler pause command.
The operating system should be running on cpu 0.

Yet I have 3 problems:

1. Rcu never unlocks ( dentry starvation ).

2. I cannot ssh to the machine when this kthread is runing. This has to
do some how with events workqueue.

3. What about all other kthreads,workqueue,tasklets in the system ? aio,md,
can I simply un-invoke them ?

Is there an easy way to do it ?
Is there a framework to do it ?

thank you