Re: CONFIG_PHYSICAL_ALIGN limited to 4M?

From: Rene Herman
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 10:45:22 EST

Vivek Goyal wrote:

Rencetly I have restored back CONFIG_PHYSICAL_START option. That patch
is still in -mm. IMHO, your case will fit more if we set
CONFIG_PHYSICAL_START to 16M rather than increasing alignment upper limit
for CONFIG_PHYSICAL_ALIGN.

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.20-rc2/2.6.20-rc2-mm1/broken-out/i386-restore-config_physical_start-option.patch

I agree. That matches the want better.

Andrew, Can you please push this patch to 2.6.20-rc3?

No objections from me and it merely restores 2.6.19 functionality but also no great rush as far as I'm concerned. Can live with applying it manually for a release. See Xen was the original restoration reason; maybe they really want it in 2.6.20...

Thanks,
Rene