RE: Open letter to Linux kernel developers (was Re: Binary Drivers)

From: David Schwartz
Date: Tue Jan 02 2007 - 19:44:03 EST

> On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 12:14 -0800, David Schwartz wrote:
> > > The recommendet _serving_ temperature for coffe is 55 ÂC or below.
> >
> > Nonsense! 55C (100F) is ludicrously low for coffee.
> >
> > 70C (125F) is the *minimum* recommended serving temperature.
> 165-190F is the
> > preferred serving range. I can cite source after source for this. For
> > example:
> > http://www.bunn.com/pages/coffeebasics/cb6holding.html
> > http://www.millcreekcoffee.com/holding.htm
>
> Do you actually read your citations? Your cited sources both give the
> SERVING temp as 155 - 175 F.

The conversion was incorrect. 70C is about 160F, and 55C is about 130F. As I said in the correction, every number is correct in the unit it was first posted in, and all the claims are correct.

160F is the mininum recommended serving temperature and 165-190F is the preferred range. 130F is a ludicrously low serving temperature for coffee. 180F seems to be about ideal.

Stella Liebeck's lawyers argued that coffee should never be served hotter than 140F. This is no different from arguing that knives should be dull.

DS