Re: x86 instability with 2.6.1{8,9}

From: Ken Moffat
Date: Tue Jan 02 2007 - 14:35:44 EST

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 01:42:32PM -0500, Len Brown wrote:

> You might remove and re-insert the DIMMS.
> Sometimes there are poor contacts if the DIMMS are not fully seated and clicked in.
>
> The real mystery is the 32 vs 64-bit thing.
> Are the devices configured the same way -- ie are they both in IOAPIC mode
> and /proc/interrupts looks the same for both modes?
>
> -Len

Too late, I've started memtest-86+. If it seems ok after an
overnight run, I'll take a look at /proc/interrupts. How can I tell
it is in IOAPIC mode, please ? Google was not helpful for this, but
if it's an override, the only things on my command lines are root=
and video= settings.

Certainly, it seems likely that the configs could be fairly
different in their detail.

Ken