Re: s2disk curiosity :)

From: Stefan Seyfried
Date: Tue Jan 02 2007 - 05:45:59 EST

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 11:14:51AM +0100, Paolo Ornati wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:36:24 +0100
> Stefan Seyfried <seife@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > It depends on the BIOS. Many BIOSes have a setting where you can set the
> > "power fail mode" to "on", "off" or "as before".
>
> Ok, I've found the BIOS setting: Restore on AC Poer Loss = {Power Off,
> Power On, Last State}.
>
> Anyway I found strange that the "state" after s2disk is considered
> "ON" ;)

Well, that is a decision of your BIOS, 'if the machine was suspended,
treat "Restore on AC Power Loss" as "on" temporarily'. I don't know
if there is anything that linux can do for you in this case, but you
still can at least use shutdown mode to just "not tell the BIOS that
we suspended" :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"