Cut power to a USB port?

From: Andrew Barr
Date: Mon Jan 01 2007 - 15:56:52 EST

I have a simple question perhaps someone can help me with here...

I have one of those simple LED keyboard lamps that get their power from
the USB port. Is there some way in Linux, using files under /sys I would
imagine, to cut power to the USB port into which this lamp is plugged? I
know I would have to manually figure out what port it's plugged into, as
it is not a "real" USB device...e.g. it just draws power. I would like
to be able to programmatically switch the lamp on and off.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew Barr

Please CC any replies