Re: Changes to sysfs PM layer break userspace

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Thu Dec 21 2006 - 03:27:39 EST

> > > What we should do is to revert 047bda36150d11422b2c7bacca1df324c909c0b3 and
> >
> > Bad answer
>
> Is better than breaking stuff.

.. stuff that made assumptions about something and did stuff it probably
shouldn't have been doing for the intent it had ;)

the semantics of this thing were clear as mud, and actually
disfunctional.... (and the user of it that "broke" actually wanted
something else, but didn't because a few drivers didn't implement it
quite the right way)
--
if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com
Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org