Re: [take28-resend_2->0 0/8] kevent: Generic event handling mechanism.

From: Evgeniy Polyakov
Date: Tue Dec 19 2006 - 01:39:15 EST

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 10:21:34PM -0800, Ulrich Drepper (drepper@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> >I've uploaded the latest changes to the homepage.
>
> Thanks. But could you now update the patch so that it can be compiled
> with the current upstream kernel? At least <linux/kevent.h> has
> problems because of file->st accesses.

file->st is only defined for poll/select events, if it is not specified
at compile time, functions in linux/kevent.h becomes void:

#ifdef CONFIG_KEVENT_POLL
static inline void kevent_init_file(struct file *file)
{
kevent_storage_init(file, &file->st);
}

static inline void kevent_cleanup_file(struct file *file)
{
kevent_storage_fini(&file->st);
}
#else
static inline void kevent_init_file(struct file *file) {}
static inline void kevent_cleanup_file(struct file *file) {}
#endif

What error messages do you see and what are kevent related config
changes?

--
Evgeniy Polyakov