Re: bug? VFAT copy problem

From: OGAWA Hirofumi
Date: Thu Nov 23 2006 - 06:33:06 EST

The Peach <smartart@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> anyway I didn't get why some files will copy with the right case and
> other don't. Was it a problem with the dentry table randomly failing
> in saving the filename?

If it's shortname (the detail of shortname is following), the
"shortname=" option solves a problem. If it's longname (not
shortname), the patch solves a problem. The your case seems to need both.

* 1) Valid characters for the 8.3 format alias are any combination of
* letters, uppercase alphabets, digits, any of the
* following special characters:
* $ % ' ` - @ { } ~ ! # ( ) & _ ^
* In this case Longfilename is not stored in disk.
*
* WinNT's Extension:
* File name and extension name is contain uppercase/lowercase
* only. And it is expressed by CASE_LOWER_BASE and CASE_LOWER_EXT.
*
* 2) File name is 8.3 format, but it contain the uppercase and
* lowercase char, muliti bytes char, etc. In this case numtail is not
* added, but Longfilename is stored.
*
* 3) When the one except for the above, or the following special
* character are contained:
* numtail is added, and Longfilename must be stored in disk .
--
OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>