Re: xfs kernel BUG again in 2.6.17.11

From: Oleg Verych
Date: Tue Nov 14 2006 - 05:06:15 EST

Hallo.

On 2006-11-14, Martin Braun wrote:
> Hi David,
>

>> Have you managed to repair the filesystem since you first
>> reported this problem? I don't know the history of the bug

[Well. Just to help (probably) new developers, after Nathan left SGI.]

Here's FAQ node about bug:
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/faq.html#dir2

You can find fixes in .17 stable git tree.
If it was really just sparse annotations, they were obviously
fixed, i think. If not, meybe there are some new bugs.

+
> It seems that xfs_repair (2.8.10), did not find all of the errors of the FS.
> Is there a way to be sure that the FS is clean?

As in faq:
,--
| Update: a fixed xfs_repair is now available; version 2.8.10 or later
| of the xfsprogs package contains the fixed version.
| The xfs_check tool, or xfs_repair -n, should be able to detect any
| directory corruption.
`--

[]
> Normally the Kernel freezes/hangs completely, but I found two new

Do you mean panic or oops here, or just freeze?

____