drivers/usb/serial/aircable.c: inconsequent NULL checking

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sat Nov 11 2006 - 11:13:18 EST

The Coverity checker spotted the following in
drivers/usb/serial/aircable.c:

<-- snip -->

static void aircable_read(void *params)
{
struct usb_serial_port *port = params;
struct aircable_private *priv = usb_get_serial_port_data(port);
struct tty_struct *tty;
unsigned char *data;
int count;
if (priv->rx_flags & THROTTLED){
if (priv->rx_flags & ACTUALLY_THROTTLED)
schedule_work(&priv->rx_work);
return;
}

/* By now I will flush data to the tty in packages of no more than
* 64 bytes, to ensure I do not get throttled.
* Ask USB mailing list for better aproach.
*/
tty = port->tty;

if (!tty)
schedule_work(&priv->rx_work);

count = min(64, serial_buf_data_avail(priv->rx_buf));

if (count <= 0)
return; //We have finished sending everything.

tty_prepare_flip_string(tty, &data, count);

<-- snip -->

"tty" is first checked for being !NULL, but later it's unconditionally
dereferenced.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.