Re: [ckrm-tech] [RFC] Resource Management - Infrastructure choices

From: Paul Menage
Date: Tue Nov 07 2006 - 15:01:20 EST

On 11/7/06, Paul Jackson <pj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So why is this CONFIG_* option separate? When would I ever not
> > want it?
>
> If you weren't bothered about having the legacy semantics.

You mean if I wasn't bothered about -not- having the legacy semantics?

Let me put this another way - could you drop the
CONFIG_CPUSETS_LEGACY_API option, and make whatever is needed to
preserve the current cpuset API always present (if CPUSETS themselves
are configured, of course)?

Yes.

If you're reluctant to do so, why?

As I said, mainly /proc pollution.

But it's not a big deal, so I can drop it unless there's a strong
argument from others in favour of keeping it.

Paul