Re: Avoid allocating during interleave from almost full nodes

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 20:37:27 EST

Andrew wrote:
> But in this application which you are proposing, any correlation with
> elapsed walltime is very slight. It's just the wrong baseline to use.
> What is the *sense* in it?

Ah - but time is cheap as dirt, and scales like the common cold virus.
That makes it sinfully attractive for secondary affect placement cache
hints like this.

What else would you suggest?

Same question applies, I suppose, to my zonelist caching patch that is
sitting in your *-mm patch stack, where you also had doubts about using
wall clock time to decay the fullnode hints.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability