Re: 2.6.19-rc3-mm1 - udev doesn't work

From: Andy Whitcroft
Date: Wed Nov 01 2006 - 21:30:56 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:

>>> You might need to resend the original report so the acpi guys can see it.
>> Okay, I will.
>
> Thanks.
>
>>> Meanwhile, I'll have to drop the acpi tree.
>> Well, I'd prefer to find the offending commit within the tree, as the majority
>> of changes look pretty innocent. Are the commits available somewhere as
>> individual patches?
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux-acpi-2.6.git#test
>
> I've not had much success persuading git to emit a series of applyable
> patches.

git-format-patch can make a patch file for each commit in range, each
prefixed with a four digit patch number and named similarly to patches
in -mm:

For example:

0009-DM-kill-bogus-uninit-warning.txt
0010-drivers-net-drivers-net-Silence-more-bogosities.txt
0011-debug-shared-irqs.txt
0012-debug-shared-irqs-kconfig-fix.txt
0013-make-frame_pointer-default-y.txt

It can also produce an mbox mailbox:

git format-patch --stdout <from>..<to>

I've used this second form in combination with a 'mailbomb' exploder to
extract the patches with a series file.

-apw