Re: dealing with excessive includes

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Sun Oct 22 2006 - 20:43:36 EST

> /*+
> * Provides: struct sched
> * Provides: total_forks, nr_threads, process_counts, nr_processes()
> * Provides: nr_running(), nr_uninterruptible(), nr_active(), nr_iowait(), weighted_cpuload()
> */

That's ugly. If it needs that i don't think it's a good idea.
We really want standard C, not some Linux dialect.

In theory it is even to do it automated without comments
just based on the referenced symbols, except if stuff is hidden in macros
(but then the include defining the macro should have the right includes
anyways). Another issue would be different name spaces - if there is both
typedef foo and struct foo and nested local foo a script might have a little trouble
distingushing them, but i suspect that won't be a big issue.

-Andi