Ordering hotplug scripts vs. udev device node creation

From: Aaron Cohen
Date: Sat Oct 21 2006 - 13:21:56 EST

Hope this is a reasonable list to post this to.

I'm trying to modify the gpsd hotplug script to work better with my
udev setup. My USB serial devices are added to /dev/tts/USBx by udev
and the default script assumes they are /dev/ttyUSBx.

In any event, my hotplug script uses udevinfo to figure out the device
file to use. The problem seems to be though that my hotplug script is
getting run before udev has actually created the device node. Is
there some ordering mechanism I'm missing that would help me out here?

Thanks,
Aaron