Re: 2.6.18: hda_intel: azx_get_response timeout, switching to single_cmdmode...

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 16:08:33 EST

Takashi Iwai wrote:
A counter of RIRB pending commands could overflow the size of RIRB when a bunch of commands are sent but not synced. This may lead to
the azx_get_response error, theoretically.

Could you apply the patch below and check what values are shown there?
I'll try it, but I re-enabled the modem in the bios, and I no longer get this message and it appears to work (there seems to be a secondary problem that the volume hotkeys have stopped working, but I suspect that's more ACPI-related).