Re: SATA status reports update

From: John Stoffel
Date: Fri Sep 29 2006 - 14:21:26 EST

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Alan> Ar Gwe, 2006-09-29 am 13:51 -0400, ysgrifennodd John Stoffel:
Jeff> I updated the info at http://linux-ata.org/ to match the current
Jeff> code in linux-2.6.git.

>> Thanks!

Jeff> Let me know if something is missing or in error.

>> It would be nice to have more details about PATA support. I'm hoping
>> to test my HPT302 rev1 card with 2.6.18-mm2 tonight if all goes
>> well...

Alan> I've sent Jeff so material to do that. The HPT302 is a "needs
Alan> lots of testing" case still, as is pretty much all HPT later
Alan> than the 366.

I'm happy to test that code as well, if you care to bounce me a patch
vs. 2.6.18-mm2, or any reasonably recent kernel. My latest tests have
basically just bombed big time, with lots of errors.

John