Re: GPLv3 Position Statement

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Sep 29 2006 - 14:01:46 EST

Ar Gwe, 2006-09-29 am 10:49 -0700, ysgrifennodd Linus Torvalds:
> All that handy free code is perfectly usable for things like a secure
> terminal or something else that doesn't allow you to change its
> behaviour because of some load-time consistency check.

If you provide the neccessary information so the user can replace it and
it still works. Even with GPLv2. Thats the information I was given,
thats the interpretation that the lawyers I've talked to consider
reasonable and likely court enforcable, thats the interpretation that
has been accepted several times in out of court GPL violation
settlements.

Alan