Re: KDB blindly reads keyboard port

From: Bjorn Helgaas
Date: Fri Sep 29 2006 - 12:58:17 EST

On Thursday 28 September 2006 20:18, Keith Owens wrote:
> I have never been a big fan of ACPI, having seen too many broken ACPI
> tables. But if that is what you want ...

There's always broken firmware, but I think on the whole, it's better
than just assuming that tomorrow's system will be the same as yesterday's.
I think a big reason for broken tables is the fact that ignore many of
them, so the breakage is never discovered.

> Bjorn, could you apply my previous patch anyway, boot your problem
> system with kdb_skip_keyboard, drop into KDB and
> 'md4c1 acpi_kbd_controller_present'. That will quickly confirm if acpi
> is detecting the absence of the keyboard on your system.

My system says:

acpi_parse_fadt: acpi_kbd_controller_present 0