Re: 2.6.18 perfmon new code base + libpfm + pfmon

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 03:32:57 EST

Stephane Eranian <eranian@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> [ak] : separate patch for _TIF_WORK_CTXSW
> - I think I submitted a TIF patch for x86-64, but unlike i386 it is not yet in mainline

If it's not in mainline yet I lost it somehow and you should resubmit.

> [ak] : may have to add __kprobes to some functions
> - started doing this on some functions. Need better understanding on when to use this

Basically when you could recurse in kprobes.

> [ak] : cleaner integration with NMI watchdog
> - integration done on AMD K8. Issues on P4, P6, due to PMU design

What are the issues?

> [akpm]: documentation for syscall? Is there an API specification?
> - answered. In short, there exists a specification but it needs to be updated

Probably you should have man pages ready for submission to the manpage maintainer.
That might also the second review pass on l-k easier if you supply
them in the description.

-Andi