Re: GPLv3 Position Statement

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 01:35:31 EST

Sergey Panov wrote:
On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 01:15 -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
Chase Venters wrote:
The final GPLv3 may indeed go too far for many open-source supporters. But then again, it is the FSF's license, and it should at least not surprise anyone if they are more concerned with the ideals of the license rather than current market realities. Market conditions change; ideals generally don't.
As long as you can admit that FSF is divorced from reality...

??? Ideals are always divorced from reality. But some shape it, and some
are irrelevant.

Since we have to deal with the reality of the license, I guess that means GPLv3 is irrelevant.

Jeff