Re: [patch 2/2] libata: _SDD support

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 18:54:32 EST

Kristen Carlson Accardi wrote:
+ /* Don't continue if not a SATA device. */
+ if (!ata_id_is_sata(atadev->id)) {
+ if (ata_msg_probe(ap))
+ ata_dev_printk(atadev, KERN_DEBUG,
+ "%s: ata_id_is_sata is False\n", __FUNCTION__);
+ goto out;
+ }

I forgot to note this in patch #1, so this comment applies to both patch #1 and patch #2:

ata_id_is_sata() is probably not the check you want. This tests Word 93 of IDENTIFY DEVICE output, which is a check that's not in the ATA specification, but rather something I came up with. It will indicate false for ATA devices that attach via SATA cables, but have a PATA bridge chip soldered onto the ATA device.

A better test is probably "ap->cbl == ATA_CBL_SATA".

+EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(ata_acpi_push_id);

Remove the export, this is for exporting symbols to export kernel modules, not for making symbols visible at the C level, to other C modules.

Jeff