Re: 2.6.18 Nasty Lockup

From: john stultz
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 15:15:39 EST

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 12:45 +0300, S.ÃaÄlar Onur wrote:
> 27 Eyl 2006 Ãar 01:50 tarihinde, john stultz ÅunlarÄ yazmÄÅtÄ:
> > On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 00:15 +0300, S.ÃaÄlar Onur wrote:
> > > 26 Eyl 2006 Sal 15:36 tarihinde, Greg Schafer ÅunlarÄ yazmÄÅtÄ:
> > >
> > > Same symptoms here and its reproducible after starting the irqbalance
> > > (0.12 or 0.13), if i disable irqbalance then everything is going fine.
> >
> > Hmm.. Not sure about the connection to irqbalance. You're using the TSC
> > clocksource, so I'm curious if your cpu TSC's are out of sync. Can you
> > boot w/ "clocksource=acpi_pm" to see if that resolves it?
>
> Yep, it solves the problem and system boot normally with irqbalance enabled.

Ok. Good to hear you have a workaround. Now to sort out why your TSCs
are becoming un-synced. From the dmesg you sent me privately, I noticed
that while you have 4 cpus, the following message only shows up once:

ACPI: Processor [CPU1] (supports 8 throttling states)

Does disabling cpufreq change anything?

thanks
-john