Re: Sound, RS-232 serial fails on dell latitute D620 notebook...

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 08:36:45 EST

At Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:30:54 -0600,
Roe Peterson wrote:

> This is probably a Dell problem, but I'm hoping someone on the list has
> seen similar behavior before.
>
> Sound input and RS232 serial input do not function on a Dell Latitude D620.

Could you try alsa-driver 1.0.13rc3 available on www.alsa-project.org?
It's identical with the ALSA codes in the latest linus git tree, and
can be built on 2.6.16, too.

For sound input, you have to choose the right capture source.
If you still have sound problems, please report it on ALSA bugtracking
system (follow from alsa-project.org main page).

Takashi